Vehicle Finance Status Disclosure for M & K Motors Limited
Frequently asked questions
Who are we?
M & K Motors Limited, a dealership acting as a credit broker in arranging finance for vehicle transactions. Our registered office – M & K Motors address is: 96 Lytham Road, Warton, Preston, Lancashire PR4 1XE. Company registration no. 03326578.
Are we authorised to arrange finance for you?
Yes, we are authorised and regulated for credit-broking activities by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”). We are not a lender. Our FCA Firm Reference Number is 652888. For more information, please visit the FCA website at: https://register.fca.org.uk/. Please note that business customers may not be protected under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 or FCA rules.
What can we do to help finance your vehicle?
We can introduce you (whether direct or through a specialist credit broker) to a number of finance companies (“funders”) who may be able to finance your transaction. There are other funders to which we cannot introduce you which may also be able to offer you finance.
We will provide you with information and explanations about the finance products that may be available to you and, where we recommend a product to you to you, we will ensure that this is based on the information you
Give us about your needs and circumstances so that it is suitable for you. Finance is arranged subject to status and terms and conditions. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure finance for you.
Can we give you independent financial advice?
We are not independent financial advisers and so are unable to provide you with independent financial advice. We are, however, independent of the funders and brokers we work with.
Do you have to pay for our service?
No, you make no payment to us.
But a funder or broker we work with may pay us for introducing you to them. Different funders/brokers may pay us different amounts. We will tell you how much we will be paid if you ask.
How will we use your information?
We will use your information to obtain quotes from funders and brokers to process finance applications through them and we and/or they may also conduct a search of your record held with one or more credit reference agencies. Credit checks may as a result appear on your credit file lodged by organisations with whom you have not dealt directly. The personal information collected will also be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected you could be refused certain services, finance or employment.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number A8763476.
Within M & K Motors Limited customer satisfaction and quality service are paramount. However, we recognise that things can go wrong and that customers might sometimes have cause to complain. When they do, and this is the result of something we have done or not done, we are committed to putting things right, as we see all complaints as an opportunity to gain customer feedback and improve our service.
This leaflet sets out the complaints procedure we have established to help ensure that you receive a quick and fair reply from us.
We promise to:
- Investigate your complaint thoroughly and, so far as within our control, promptly
- Keep you informed of progress
- Do everything we reasonably can to help you.
How to Contact us
Here is how you can contact us should you have a complaint:
- By post
- By email
- By phone
M & K Motors Limited, Stanley Bank Farm, Singleton Road, Weeton, Preston PR4 3PA
When you contact us
Please tell us:
- Your name and address (including email address if you are happy to communicate in that way)
- Your vehicle registration number
- A phone number where we can contact you if we need to and any times you would prefer us to contact you
- A clear description of your complaint; and •what you would like us to do to put things right
If you have asked someone to act on your behalf in pursuing your complaint, we will need your signed authority before we will be able to deal with them.
- We will work to resolve all complaints quickly and fairly.
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing within five business days if we have not been able to resolve it sooner.
- Your complaint will be referred to one of our complaint handlers, who will investigate the complaint promptly, thoroughly and impartially.
- If your complaint relates to a vehicle which has been supplied under a finance agreement, the finance company is likely to want investigate the matter itself and will gather information from us to enable it to respond fully to your complaint. We will write to tell you if the complaint has been forwarded to the finance company to deal with.
- We (and/or the finance company) will aim to let you have a final response to your complaint within eight weeks of receipt but, if it remains unresolved after that time, you will be informed in writing why a final response has not been provided and when you should expect to receive it. Rather than await a final response, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service at that point, so you will also be provided with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service together with an explanatory leaflet.
- We have intentionally made our complaints handling procedure simple to follow, so that you should not have to seek any advice (for example, from a solicitor), so we (or the finance company) will not normally agree to meet any costs you incur for such advice, even if your complaint is upheld.
Independent Review of Your Complaint
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent and impartial service for customers to resolve disputes with financial services firms. The Financial Ombudsman Service will be able to tell you whether or not they can deal with your complaint.
If you decide to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, you must do so within six months of the date of our final response. If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances
(for example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances).
The Financial Ombudsman Service can only deal with your complaint if you have given us (or the finance company) the opportunity to put matters right, so please contact us first and we will do all we can to help you. The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower Harbour Exchange London E14 9SR
0800 023 4567 (calls free on mobile phones and landlines) 0300 123 9123 (consumer helpline – calls cost no
more than calls to 01 or 02 number)
(18002) 0207 964 1000 (calls using next generation text relay) +44 207 964 0500 (calls from outside the UK)
What can you do if you wish to complain about our services or contact us?
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us:
- By writing to us at Complaints, M & K Motors Limited, Stanley Bank Farm, Singleton Road, Weeton, Preston PR4 3PA
- By emailing email@example.com
- By telephoning 01253 836696
If, after making a complaint to us you are still unhappy and feel the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS” – www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk). Please note that FOS may not be able to deal with complaints from business customers.
If you require further information, please contact us by telephoning the above number(s) or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing your correspondence to the Complaints Manager.
M and K Motors Limited
We shall, at all times endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that any product offered is not unsuitable for the customers
needs or circumstances
In providing information and explanations about products we shall take into account the customers level of understanding. If we
are not satisfied that the customer does not have a good understanding of these products or services we shall consider
alternative methods to provide the relevant information
Data Protection /Consent to Search
We shall inform customers of what personal data we need to collect ,for what purposes and with whom we share. We shall obtain
customers consent to credit searches and treat all Data in line with FCA Guidelines. You have the right to request we delete this
information. This information can be shared to our finance funders to obtain credit.
Can we give you independent financial advice?
We are not independent financial advisers and so are unable to provide you with independent financial advice.
Pre Sale Explanations
Before entering into a Credit Agreement we will take you through the funders pre-sale Information and adequate explanations
How will we use your information?
We will use your information to obtain quotes from funders and brokers to process finance applications through them and we
and/or they may also conduct a search of your record held with one or more credit reference agencies. Credit checks may as a
result appear on your credit file lodged by organisations with whom you have not dealt directly. The personal information
collected will also be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify
your identity. If fraud is detected you could be refused certain services, finance or employment.